Enhance your music production skills at the upcoming Ableton Push Weekend Workshop, held at ICMP London. The course is an intensive introduction to Ableton’s Push instrument and all it can achieve, led by Ableton-certified trainer and music producer, Marcello Ruggiu.
On 29th and 30th June, you’ll learn how to turn your ideas into full musical tracks literally at the touch of a button. From sample slicing, step sequencing automation and finger drumming, to working in melodic instrument and drum rack views, you’ll cover everything you need to know to start producing your own tracks.
Learn from an Ableton-certified trainer
Marcello Ruggiu is an experienced music producer and sound engineer based in London… and is also one of ICMP’s Music Production tutors. He’s been making electronic music since the age of 16 with his Yahama sequencer, computer and a drum kit. His work includes television, live music and studio recordings, and he produces his own sounds under the name Amousement. He’s been a fully qualified Ableton certified trainer for the past ten years and recently published an Ableton guidebook revealing all the tips and tricks you to need to make music using the celebrated software.
Sharpen your skills
Over the weekend with Marcello, you’ll discover how to:
- Create harmonies and melodies
- Control your Push effectively
- Slice and warp samples
- Create drum beats
- Turn your idea into songs
- Mix your music with Push encoders
- Bring your music from the studio to the stage
- Organise a Push Jam session
What the course covers:
The workshop covers 12 hours of tuition with Marcello at Ableton Live 10 workstations with a Push 2 instrument. You’ll be able to ask Marcello questions, get his hands-on support and receive feedback on the work you create. At the end, you’ll also take part in a supervised live jam session with your fellow students and you will receive an exclusive hardback copy of “Ableton Making Music”, containing all the tricks and solutions to overcome obstacles during the creative process.
What your day will look like:
Your timetable for the Ableton Push Weekend Workshop will run as follows:
SATURDAY 29TH JUNE
- 9:30 am: Induction
- 10:00 am: Ableton Push practise (Covering: session view and note view, loading instruments, playing drums)
- 1:00 pm: Lunch (included)
- 2:00 pm: Ableton Push practise (Covering: playing drums, playing chords and melodies, adding effects)
- 4:00 pm: Cool down session
SUNDAY 30TH JUNE
- 10:00 am: Push practise and live music preparation (Covering: creating scenes, launching clips, recording automations)
- 1:00 pm: Lunch (included)
- 2:00 pm: Jam session prep
- 3:00 pm: Ableton jam and Q&A session
Who this course is for:
Workshop reservations are open to anyone at an intermediate music production level or beyond – so you’ll need at least some previous experience in Ableton Live or other music production software.
How to book:
The course costs just £249 and is limited to only ten students to ensure a personal atmosphere. Book now to secure your space by contacting ICMP on 020 7328 0222 or emailing email@example.com
Should you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us on 020 7328 0222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duration: Weekend
- Location: ICMP London, Kilburn
- Cost: £249 (Limited to 10 places)
- Next Course: 29th & 30th June
- Level: Intermediate